Sunday, October 11, 2009

October 9th update

It's a little late because we've been at Family Camp all week but here was the latest report.

On Tuesday, October 6, Donard was admitted to Conroe Regional Hospital because of fever and shortness of breath. After being diagnosed and treated for pneumonia, he was released on Thursday night and is home again with oxygen available 24/7. The coronary angiogram that was scheduled for today (Friday) had to be postponed. Progressing cancer in multiple areas remains the primary issue, and the resulting need for increasing pain control is a continual challenge. The decision this week to end his recent employment and focus on his health was difficult for Donard but non-optional.
Until we can relay our gratefulness personally, please know that your faithful prayers and many expressions of love and concern mean more than words can express.
 "This I recall to my mind; therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning;
Great is Thy faithfulness."

Lamentations 3:21-23